Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Tomatoes are IN! I cannot get enough and keep finding recipes for  enjoying them. 
Last Saturday we had dinner with friends and I tried a new recipe for tomato tart. This is always a great summer dish but thinking of different variations,  I was open to a new way to enjoy! I had seen this recipe on a web link for a cooking class in New York  and decided to try it. ( more on that soon)
It is called Tomato Tarte Tatin.

http://www.latartinegourmande.com/2012/07/11/tomato-tarte-tatin-recipe/

Here's mine. Yum
I used sweet cherry red and yellow tomatoes but you could use plum tomatoes also.


Of course this  is a good way to enjoy them too, all varieties - heirloom and cherry with basil and arugula. Summer on a plate!



Today I read about lovely dinner honoring local farmers  and they had a perfect tomato salad. The dinner was called Taste of Nelson with Hill and Holler. This dinner  celebrated local farmers and their products. I see many of these at the Charlottesville City Market on Saturdays. This blog features local chefs, food and products from the area. You may enjoy it too.

The blog is called Beyond the Flavor and I am cooking off of it every week it seems.
http://www.beyondtheflavor.com/home/2012/8/21/taste-of-nelson-with-hill-and-holler.html

Looks like they had quite a meal



Enjoy, they won't last forever.


No comments: